If you are undergoing treatment for cancer, good nutrition is an important part of your overall care.
Good nutrition can:
- help you maintain your strength and energy
- lessen side effects of treatment
- promote a stronger immune system
- help you heal and recover more quickly
The RMH Hahn Cancer Center offers nutrition counseling for all of our patients. Our dietitian, Robin Atwood, MS, RD, CSO, is a board certified specialist in oncology nutrition. She consults with patients in the Cancer Center by appointment, over the telephone or by e-mail.
Nutrition services can help you:
- Eat for optimal health.
- Avoid weight loss during treatment.
- Manage side effects of treatment such as:
- Sore mouth or throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Poor appetite
- Taste changes
- Plan meals based on your specific needs (weight loss/gain, diabetes, etc.)
- Find information on complementary nutrition/supplements.
To participate in nutrition counseling services:
Contact Robin at 540-689-7046 or at email@example.com or ask your nurse or doctor at the RMH Hahn Cancer Center for a nutrition referral.